1. Tighten drag knob and rinse under low pressure tap water in upright position
3. Use a toothbrush to brush handle area, line roller area and drag knob
5. Use a dry cloth to wipe down reel's exterior
7. Remove drag knob and wipe off excess water on spool and rotor area
2. Rotate spool and rinse for 15-20 seconds
4. Spin reel in fast rotation to channel excess water out
6. Use an air duster to spray difficult access area/joints to clear out excess water
8. Screw drag knob back and leave it in a cool and dry place.